On this page:
Next, you will need to decide whether the network licenses should be locked to your server (Disk ID) or to a USB key (Computer ID).
Locking the license file to your server's Disk ID will only allow you to serve the network licenses from that specific license server. Locking the license file to a USB key (Computer ID) will give you greater flexibility as you will be able to serve the network license from any computer that has the USB key connected to it. The USB key will be mailed to you by CSI.
Requesting a network license
If locking your license to a computer, you will need to submit the locking code of your license server to CSI in order for your license file to be generated. Once your license request has been received, we will email you the license file. Licenses locked to USB key will be emailed once the USB key has been shipped.
For users requesting licenses for older product versions (ETABS v9.5, SAP2000 v15, CSiBridge v15, SAFE v12, CSiCol v9, Perform3D v7 and earlier), please request your license at http://www.csiamerica.com/sales/licensing/license-request.
Installing a network license
The installation of network licenses consists of the following steps:
- Install Sentinel RMS License Manager on the computer on your network that will act as the license server.
- Once you obtain the license files (as explained in the previous section), they need to be installed on the license server using one of the following methods:
- Follow the instructions provided in the Adding license file to license manager using WlmAdmin.exe wiki article.
- Follow the instructions in the email that was sent with the license file.
Troubleshooting network license problems
The following resources are available for troubleshooting problems related to network licenses:
- Licensing errors and their resolutions
- License Trouble Shooting Guide - Network - Disk ID.doc - MS Word file available from CSI ftp site
- License Trouble Shooting Guide - Network - CID key.doc - MS Word file available from CSI ftp site