USB key (also referred to Computer ID) is a special hardware device to which the license files can be locked.On this page:
Usage in conventional and web-activated licensing
- It is used only for conventional licensing, where it provides greater flexibility over locking the license file to Disk ID or other locking criteria.
- It is not needed or supported for web-activated licensing.
Key driver and its installation
In order for the USB key to work properly, its driver needs to be installed. The installation can be found in the following locations:
- On the program installation CD/DVD browser.
- In the KeyDriver folder for a standalone installation.
- In the KeyDriver folder under the License Manager folder for a network installation.
- The most up to date version of the key driver can be downloaded directly from the Sentinel Website: http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/ , use the download link for Sentinel Driver
Please note that when running the installation for the driver for a USB key, the key should not be attached to the computer.