Step-by-step moving-load analysis is initiated through the following process:
- Define vehicle type through Define > Bridge Loads > Vehicles.
- Define the lane through Define > Bridge Loads > Lanes.
- Select Define > Load Pattern (Figure 1) to define the Type of load pattern Bridge Live. Select Modify Bridge Live Load to define such parameters as lanes, vehicles, vehicle speed, movement direction, etc.
Figure 1 - Define load patterns
- A multi-step static load case is automatically created. This load case may be reviewed through Define > Load Cases.
- Dynamic response may be evaluated when load-case type is changed from Multi-step Static to Time-history, and analysis type to Nonlinear, Direct-integration. Damping and other parameters may be specified as necessary.
- Step-by-step moving-load analysis first steps (CSiBridge)