Step-by-step moving-load analysis can be setup using the following procedure:
- Define Vehicle via "Loads Tab > Vehicles > New".
- Define layout line via "Layout Tab > Layout Line > New".
- Define lane via "Layout Tab > Lane > New".
- Use "Load Tab > Load Patterns" to define new load pattern of type "Vehicle Live". See Figure 1 below. Use the "Modify Bridge Live Load" button to define the load assignments, such as lanes, vehicles, vehicle speed, movement direction, etc.
Figure 1: Define load pattern of "Vehicle Live" type
- A multi-step static load case is automatically created. This load case may be reviewed via "Analysis Tab > Load Cases > Modify".
- Dynamic response may be evaluated when load-case type is changed from Multi-step Static to Time-history, and analysis type to Nonlinear, Direct-integration. Damping and other parameters may be specified as necessary.