The two sections below describe how interaction diagrams may be plotted for reinforced-concrete columns using SAP2000.
Plotting interaction diagram from design results
- Design a frame object with a reinforced-concrete cross section and longitudinal reinforcement.
- Run analysis and design.
- Display design information using the Design > Concrete Frame Design > Display Design Info command.
- Right-click on the desired member to open the Design Information menu.
- Select Interaction to display the interaction surface and interaction diagram, as shown in Figure 1:
Figure 1 - Plotting interaction diagram from design results
Plotting interaction diagram in the Section Designer
- Use the Section Designer to define a section with reinforcement.
- Open the section in the Section Designer and select Display > Show Interaction Surface to display the interaction surface, as shown in Figure 2:
Figure 2 - Plotting interaction diagram in the Section Designer