This article provides clarification of bridge groups in CSiBridge.
- Bridge groups are higher level groups that enable you to parametrically create groups using the bridge object parametric definitions.
- Creating a bridge group will also create associated general group. The name of the associated general group will be the bridge object name for which the bridge group was created, followed by underscore and followed by the bridge group name. Creating the associated general group is needed since only general groups can be used for selections, referenced in staged constructions load case definitions and for other operations.
- Deleting the bridge group will also remove the associated general group next time you update the linked model for the bridge object.
- You can also create general groups "from scratch", without being associated with bridge groups. This can be done by first selecting elements the elements to be included in the group and the by assigning them to the group via "Advanced Tab > Assign > More > Assign to Group". General groups may be useful for creating groups of entities that were created outside of the bridge modeler.
- Although it is possible to edit the general group associated with a bridge group, your changes may get overwritten next time you update the linked model for the bridge object. It is recommended to keep general groups created from scratch separate from general groups associated with bridge groups.
- The information about bridge groups and general groups is stored in the following database tables which you may want to review to gain further insight about groups in your model (the database tables can be accessed via "Home tab > Display > Show Tables"):