CSI Software uses various input and output files. A list of their types, and an explanation of their format, is given as follows:
Program configuration and setting files
Program configuration and setting files are located in the application data directory. These files stored global program information, such as list of recently opened files, defaults graphics mode, etc.
Application data directory
Depending on the software version, the application data directory is stored in the following locations:
- Version 11: level and modules can be set using the file c:\windows\SAP2000v11.ini
- Versions 12 and 14: based on the operating system, as follows:
- Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Computers and Structures\SAP2000v12.ini
Note that Local Settings and Application Data directories may be hidden.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Computers and Structures\SAP2000v12.ini
The application directory contains the following files:
- .ini file – stores some global software variables, such as license level, module licenses, etc.
- .tb3 file – stores changes to the software settings, such as customizations made to the toolbar
- CSI_SentinelLM.log – license manager log file
All input and temporary files created for a particular model are store in the model input file directory.