Time-history analysis may be initiated using the process which follows:
- Create the model and assign support conditions to restrained joints.
- Select Define > Functions > Time History to define a time-history function which characterizes load variation over time.
- Assign load conditions to the model through Assign > Joint Loads or Frame Loads.
- Define either a modal or direct-integration time-history load case through Define > Load Cases.
- To customize load application, enter, on the Load Case Data form under Load Applied, the following fields:
- Load Type. Select the Load Pattern option.
- Load Name. Select the Load Pattern to be applied.
- Function. Select the time function which characterizes load variation in time.