Note: Some of the features described on this pages were implemented in V14 of the program.
This attached model contains the following four separate structures (please see the screenshot below):
- 1 span bridge structure created using bridge modeler
- 1 span bridge structure created using manual modeling
- 2 span bridge structure created using bridge modeler
- 2 span bridge structure created using manual modeling
All four structures have the following properties:
- each span length is 10m
- deck section is a concrete deck section 0.5m deep and 3m wide
- the structures are simply supported at each abutment and bent
- Straight 25mm dia tendon is defined to run along the entire length of the structures. The tendon is located 0.05m from the bottom of the section and a prestressing force of 10kN with no losses was applied to the tendon.
Goals of this model:
- Determine and review moments and other internal forces resulting from prestressing.
- Verify prestressing forces used for flexural design check.
- Compare prestressing forces obtained from "Display > Show Bridge Forces/Stresses" form with forces obtained from frame elements.
- Define section cut cutting through tendon and frame, get forces and compare them with forces obtained from frame and tendon elements at the same location.
- [SAP2000 V12.0.2 model|Tendons - frame moments and section cuts^SAP2000 V12.0.2 model.zip] (Zipped SDB file)