This page describes a tool that can be used to convert ETABS models into SAP2000 models, and vice versa.
On this page:
The Connect SAP2000 and ETABS tool can be used to convert ETABS models into SAP2000 models, and vice versa. In order to use this tool, the user must have both ETABS and SAP2000 installed on the same system. Using the latest versions of all CSI products is recommended. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
- Download and run the version of the Connect SAP2000 and ETABS Launch.exe that matches the versions of SAP2000 and ETABS you wish to use.
- Select an option, either “SAP2000 to ETABS”, or “ETABS to SAP2000”.
- Follow the instructions in the title of each of the subsequent “Open File” dialog boxes.
- First, you will select the program executable from which you are converting (either SAP2000.exe or ETABS.exe usually located in .../Program Files/Computers and Structures/[PROGRAM NAME]).
- Next, select the model file to be converted.
- Finally, select the program to which you are converting.
- The Connect SAP2000 and ETABS tool will launch the first program, open the model, then launch the second program and transfer model data.
- It will save the new model with the same name as the original.
Supported Data Transfer
|Features||Available SAP2000 → ETABS||Available ETABS → SAP2000|
|Point Load Assignments||YES||YES|