Using SAP2000, response-spectrum curves may be generated from a user-defined time-history record through the following process:
- Define the time-history function through Define > Functions > Time History Menu.
- Define the time-history load case through Define > Load Cases > Add New Load Case.
- Run the time-history analysis.
- Select a fixed joint, then display the ground-motion response-spectrum curves for that joint by selecting Display > Show Response Curves, as shown in Figure 1:
Figure 1 - Response-spectrum curves
- Response-spectrum derivation article