Error 19 (Failed to add license) can be generated when adding license file to the license manager server under the circumstances described below.On this page:
Expired or trial license file is already present
- The license manager server already contains expired or trial license file. The resolution is to remove the expired or trial license file. It can be done as follows:
- Run WlmAdmin.exe, expand Subnet Servers and expand the server name.
- Select the license you wish to replace.
- Do a right button click on the license and select Remove Feature to eliminate the trial or expired license.
Locking codes do not match
- The locking code for the license server and the license file does not match. The locking code for the license file can be obtained by running lsdecode.exe utility in the same directory as is the lservrc license file. The locking code for the server can be obtained by running echoid.exe or wechoid.exe utilities. When running echoid.exe or wechoid.exe you must be directly interacting with the computer or you must connect to the computer via a remote desktop session and run these utilities within the remote desktop session. Also, the echoid.exe and wechoid.exe utilities should be run using the "Run As Administrator" option in order to obtain the correct locking codes.
The echoid.exe and wechoid.exe utilities should be run using the "Run As Administrator" option in order to obtain the correct locking codes.
USB key is not recognized
If the license is locked to a Computer ID (USB key) please make sure that the USB key drivers have been installed, the USB key is connected to the server and it is being recognized. Please follow the instructions in the Computer ID (CID) key not recognized article.