We are aware of an issue where SAP2000 and CSiBridge v20, when using a USB key for licensing, may not run after updating Windows 10 to Build 1803.
This issue does not affect most users. Web-activated licenses and licenses locked to a machine are not affected. However, if you are using a USB key and your SAP2000 or CSiBridge v20 will not run after a recent Windows 10 update, the following information will help you resolve this issue.
You can check your current build of Windows by going to the Start menu, choosing the Settings icon, click System, then click About.
For Windows 10 Build 1803, an issue has been identified by our licensing vendor and they are actively working on a fix for future installations. In the meantime, you can easily correct this problem on your own machine by running the software in a Windows compatibility mode.
To do this,
- Locate the shortcut to the software, either on the desktop or in the start menu
- Right-click and choose Properties.
- In the Properties form that pops up go to the Compatibility tab.
- Locate the Compatibility mode area and check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- In the dropdown, choose Windows 8 or Windows 7 and click OK.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact CSI technical support.